This week on the Virtual Skeptics
- Bob denies women his essence;
- Eve pitches a show to Animal Planet;
- Sharon is not lying, or maybe lying that she is not lying;
- and Tim enters 25 Gb of conference data into Lanyrd by hand.
This is the Virtual Skeptics; A hour of discussion of the latest interesting skeptical news bits. “It’s like Meet the Press, but with chupacabras”
Weekly, Wednesday, 8pm ET – Google+ Hangout ON AIR
Anyone watching live can ask us questions on YouTube or by using the #virtualskeptics hashtag on Twitter.
(Show notes and links below)
This Week’s Panel
- Bob Blaskiewicz – CSI’s Conspiracy Guy web columnist, blogger for Skeptical Humanities and Swift Blog contributor
- Eve Siebert – Editor and blogger at Skeptical Humanities and contributor to Skepticality
- Sharon Hill – Editor of Doubtful News and author of the CSI’s Sounds Sciencey web column
- Tim Farley – JREF Fellow, founder of Skeptools, Skepticality contributor and creator of What’s the Harm.
- Brian Gregory – Host
Sociological examination of the controversy through the 1980s (Skeptic trigger alert: irritating use of Thomas Kuhn):
IMDB: Mermaids: The Body Found
The Polygraph and Lie Detection (NAP 2003)
Brian’s Robot links:
DaVinci Robot maker Intuitive not responsible for Death
Beer pouring robot that anticipates your actions
Sharon appeared on this week’s Paranormal Podcast with Jim Harrold.
Sharon is doing a workshop on skepticism at the JREF headquarters in Los Angeles on June 2, the public is welcome to attend.
And she has a new post up on Huffington Post.
Bob appeared on this week’s edition of the Skeptic Canary radio show with Dr. David Gorski to talk about everyone’s favorite opportunist.
The Virtual Skeptics is an independent production of Doubtful News, WhatsTheHarm.net, Skeptical Humanities, and Brian Gregory. Our logo was designed by Sara Mayhew at SaraMayhew.com. Our theme music is by Tremor and is used with permission.