This week on the Virtual Skeptics This week on the Virtual Skeptics
- Bob puts in an application for an opening at the NCSE;
- Eve is worried about the National Geographic channel;
- Sharon and the WHOLE INTERNET notices the “kid ISN’T dead.” Again;
- and Tim has a report from Atlanta SkeptiCamp.
This is the Virtual Skeptics; A hour of discussion of the latest interesting skeptical news bits. “It’s like Meet the Press, but with chupacabras”
Weekly, Wednesday, 8pm ET – Google+ Hangout ON AIR
(Show notes and links below)
This Week’s Panel
- Bob Blaskiewicz – CSI’s Conspiracy Guy web columnist, blogger for Skeptical Humanities and Swift Blog contributor
- Eve Siebert – Editor and blogger at Skeptical Humanities and contributor to Skepticality
- Sharon Hill – Editor of Doubtful News and author of the CSI’s Sounds Sciencey web column
- Tim Farley – JREF fellow and creator of What’s the Harm
- Brian Gregory – Host
The Missoulian: Filmmakers at IWFF: UFO, ghost shows damage National Geographic
National Geographic: Devil’s Bible
Video: The Devil’s Bible
National Library of Sweden: Codex Gigas
Berry’s Mom was told daughter was dead. Thanks, Sylvia. You were so &*%#^ helpful. (UPDATED)
Sylvia Browne: fans lash out at ‘psychic’ over false Ohio abduction prediction
Atlanta Skepticamp 2013 info
Lanyrd info on the conference
See the history of skepticamp including videos here:
Eve’s popular Atlanta Skepticamp 2011 presentation we mentioned is here:
Brian’s Robot links:
MIT’s IKEA Assembling Bots
Update: Harvard’s Insect-bots
Sharon has her own Wikipedia page.
Bob has a segment on Skepticality this week about Phrenology.
The Virtual Skeptics is an independent production of Doubtful News, WhatsTheHarm.net, Skeptical Humanities, and Brian Gregory. Our logo was designed by Sara Mayhew at SaraMayhew.com. Our theme music is by Tremor and is used with permission.