This week on the “Virtual Skeptics”…
– Bob avoids taking sides in a cripple fight;
– Eve warns against taking medical advice from doctors who aren’t toilet trained;
– Sharon reminds us that animals don’t want to help, they mostly just want to eat
– and Tim is currently fixing technical problems… Dog bless ‘im.
- Eve Siebert – Editor and blogger at Skeptical Humanities
- Bob Blaskiewicz – Committee for Skeptical Inquiry’s Conspiracy Guy web columnist, JREF Swift Blog contributor, and blogger for Skeptical Humanities
- Sharon Hill – Editor of Doubtful News and author of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry’s Sounds Sciencey web column
- Tim Farley – JREF Fellow, creator of whatstheharm.net and skeptools.com
- Video of child “doctor”
- “Three-Year Old Cambodian Boy Revered as Healer,” Signs of the Times
- “Hundreds flock to 3-year-old healer in Cambodian village,” Doubtful News
- Ronald Finucane, Miracles and Pilgrims
- Cat survives suitcase trip
- Dog guards master’s grave
- Saved by shark tale
- Crows can reason
- Greyfriars Bobby just a publicity stunt
- Unsourced.org finds the sources of statistics & science in news articles
- Blog post on Unsourced and The Papers Behind gives more details.
- Mike Adams is going berserk about Web of Trust, calls it censorship and engages in grey-hat SEO
- Blog post on the procedure to report suspicious emails is here.
- Uwingu-A New Way to Fund Space Exploration, Research, and Education Please check it out and help them towards their goal.
Chase Giving campaign for secular charities. (Deadline has passed)
- Bob has a new Conspiracy Guy article out at the CSI website
The Virtual Skeptics is an independent production of Doubtful News, WhatsTheHarm.net, Skeptical Humanities, and Brian Gregory. Our logo was designed by Sara Mayhew at SaraMayhew.com. Our theme music is by Tremor and is used with permission.