This week on the Virtual Skeptics
- Bob reports a sighting of unidentified flying pork;
- Eve shills for Big Shakespeare;
- Sharon thinks chupacabras prefer goats, not cars;
- and Tim has usurped Brian to become host!
This is the Virtual Skeptics; A hour of discussion of the latest interesting skeptical news bits. “It’s like Meet the Press, but with chupacabras”
Weekly, Wednesday, 8pm ET – Google+ Hangout ON AIR
(Show notes and links below)
This Week’s Panel
- Bob Blaskiewicz – CSI’s Conspiracy Guy web columnist, blogger for Skeptical Humanities and Swift Blog contributor
- Eve Siebert – Editor and blogger at Skeptical Humanities and contributor to Skepticality
- Sharon Hill – Editor of Doubtful News and author of the CSI’s Sounds Sciencey web column
- Tim Farley – JREF fellow and creator of What’s the Harm is acting as host in Brian’s absence
JREF Press Release:
The Guardian: “Shakespeare scholars unite to see off claims of the ‘Bard Deniers’”
Amazon: Shakespeare beyond Doubt: Evidence, Argument, Controversy
Skeptical Humanities: “Little English and No Sense”: The Shakespeare Authorship Controversey
Skeptical Humanities: Shakespeare’s Foul Papers Found
Skeptical Humanities: Dr. Taylor sends us the Shakespeare foul papers!
Skeptical Humanities: “Anonymous 2: This Time It’s Anonymous”
Shakespeare the Grain Hoarder
Skeptical Humanities: The Other 5 Reasons Roland Emmerich is an Idiot
Wikipedia: Shakespeare’s Monument
Something gnawed on this BMW, but it’s not so mysterious
The Lizardman of Scape Ore Swamp
Science Based Medicine blog was hacked, if you have a password there consider it stolen & change it everywhere.
After a conclave of cardinals, Sharon has been elevated to “Huffington Post Blogger.”
Bob and Sharon will be speaking at NECSS in New York City this weekend!!
Go to DoubtfulNews for a discount on registration.
Also this weekend Tim will be speaking at Skep Tech in Minneapolis. Go to skep-tech.com to register – it’s FREE!
Eve has a segment on the most recent episode of Skepticality, and Bob apparently has one coming up in the next one.
Please make a donation to Cosmoquest, which, like all NASA-funded science outreach, looks like it will be affected by the sequester.
The Virtual Skeptics is an independent production of Doubtful News, WhatsTheHarm.net, Skeptical Humanities, and Brian Gregory. Our logo was designed by Sara Mayhew at SaraMayhew.com. Our theme music is by Tremor and is used with permission.