This week on the Virtual Skeptics:
- Bob records a DVD extra for the new Burzynski Movie;
- Eve reveals True Facts about Dr. Duane Gish;
- Sharon pokes acupuncturists with sharp pointy skepticism;
- and Tim talks about gamification.
This Week’s Panel:
Eve Siebert — Editor and blogger at Skeptical Humanities
Bob Blaskiewicz — Committee for Skeptical Inquiry’s Conspiracy Guy web columnist, JREF Swift Blog contributor, and blogger for Skeptical Humanities
Sharon Hill — Editor of Doubtful News and author of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry’s Sounds Sciencey web column
Tim Farley — JREF Fellow, creator of whatstheharm.net and skeptools.com
Brian Gregory – Host
- PZ Myer’s announcement of the Houston Cancer Quack: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2013/01/06/lets-make-houston-cancer-quack-burzynski-pay/
- The Virtual Skeptics episode that appears in the Burzynski movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK-yF8w6nLo
- Dr. Duane Gish doesn’t need links
- Skeptics poked holes in acupuncture study which needled the study’s author
- The author of the acupuncture meta-analysis lambastes the “sceptics’ movement” in a “peer-reviewed” paper
- Revenge of the Woo
- Tim has written about gamification on skeptools:
- Skeptic Stack Exchange can be found here:
- Reality Drop is a climate change game for skeptics to spread good science:
Brian’s Robot links:
- Robots can now collaborate over their very own Internet
- What is RoboEarth?
- Congratulations Sharon and Bob for their nominations in the Ockhams, as well as friend-of-the-show Blake Smith for Monster Talk: http://www.skeptic.org.uk/64-published/703-shortlist-for-the-ockhams-2013
- Don’t forget Bob and Sharon will be speaking at NECSS in New York City the first weekend of April. Go to DoubtfulNews for a discount on registration.
- On that same weekend Tim will be speaking at SkepTech in Minneapolis. Go to skep-tech.com to register – it’s FREE!
- The Media Guide to Skepticism is released in final version. http://doubtfulnews.com/media-guide-to-skepticism/
The Virtual Skeptics is an independent production of Doubtful News, WhatsTheHarm.net, Skeptical Humanities, and Brian Gregory. Our logo was designed by Sara Mayhew at SaraMayhew.com. Our theme music is by Tremor and is used with permission.